The best industrial floor scales are a must-have for any warehouse or factory dealing in manufacturing or distribution. Nevertheless, these products require a hefty investment as they can be quite pricy. Hence, it is crucial to ensure you are making the right decision within your industry.
Ideally, the best industrial floor scales for your business should cater to all weighing needs without faltering in quality and precision. Consequently, you need to make several considerations before settling on the right device for your operations.
5 of the Best Industrial Floor Scales
1. PEC Scales Warehouse Heavy Duty Industrial Pallet Floor Scale with Digital Display Indicator
- 【TOP QUALITY SCALE】PEC heavy duty floor...
- 【UPGRADE INDICATOR】This scale comes with...
- 【ACCURATE WEIGHING】Four load cell design...
- 【VARIETY APPLICATIONS】PEC pallet floor...
- 【12 MONTH WARRANTY】: Assembled In...
The businesses that rely on weighing pallets for making sales or purchases should consider the PEC Scales Warehouse Heavy Duty Industrial Pallet Floor Scale. This device has a stainless steel scale deck with four NTEP approved alloy steel load cells to deliver readings that are accurate to 0.1 pounds.
This pallet scale is built to last due to the heavy-duty steel construction, complemented by a diamond tread plate, for numerous industrial applications. The PEC Scales Floor Scale can meet your warehouse's specific requirements as it connects to a computer or printer via serial output.
Utilize the wide variety of accurate weighing applications from the four units available on this industrial floor scale; lb, oz, g and kg. Get your readings from the IPS 65 certified stainless steel LCD screen.
2. Smart Weigh Digital Heavy Duty Shipping and Postal Platform Scale
- SMART DESIGN: Sleek, wide platform holds...
- HEAVY DUTY: Crafted with a durable stainless...
- FEATURES: Shipping scale features tare...
- MODES AND READABILITY: Useful for a variety...
- WARRANTY: Smart Weigh is dedicated to 100%...
The smallest and most affordable of our picks is the Smart Weigh Digital Heavy Duty Floor Scale. Despite its size, this device is ideal for industrial or shipping use. It has durable stainless steel construction and comes with an extendable cord for weighing larger cargo. Plus, it has a max capacity of 440 pounds and a readability of 6 ounces.
The efficiency of the Smart Weigh Floor Scale is complemented by PCS and tare functions to make consecutive accurate weighing of heavy loads easy.
3. SellEton Non-NTEP Floor Scales
- ✔ 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘-𝐃𝐔𝐓𝐘...
- ✔ 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 &...
- ✔ 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐒𝐄: A...
- ✔ 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋:...
- ✔ 𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒...
The SellEton Non-NTEP heavy-duty industrial weighing scale has the features and capabilities required to handle loads up to 30,000 pounds. The device uses four alloy load cells for providing a resolution of 5 pounds when at max capacity.
The included LCD screen is well protected from dust and water damage and is easy to read. Factory calibration of the loads has 5000/10000 divisions. Additionally, you can use the threaded eyebolt hole style for lifting.
The heavy-duty pallet scales are protected from 200% overload to extend their longevity. The SellEton Non-NTEP, professional-grade floor scale, can use either an AC adapter or 3 AAA batteries because of its low power design.
4. SellEton Floor Scales, Accurate Pallet Scales with Smart Metal Digital Indicator
- ✔ 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘-𝐃𝐔𝐓𝐘...
- ✔ 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 &...
- ✔ 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐒𝐄: A...
- ✔ 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋:...
- ✔ 𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒...
The maximum load and resolution of the SellEton Floor Scales are 10000 pounds and 1 pound, respectively. The device covers an area of 25 square feet, making them ideal for heavy-duty industrial applications.
The rechargeable battery ensures you can take the pallet scale anywhere in the warehouse to weigh. Plus, it has recording capabilities to remember readings by merely pressing a button.
5. PEC TOOLS Industrial Floor Scale/Pallet Scale
- These floor scales are industrial grade...
- Featuring a powder coated diamond plate top...
- Easy to read backlit LCD display with simple...
- With quick connect and factory calibration...
- Assembled in U.S.A.,One year warranty....
The affordable PEC TOOLS Industrial Floor Scale/Pallet Scale is a welcome addition to any warehouse. The model features a powder-coated diamond plate scale deck and steel construction to weigh heavy-duty cargo. With a capacity of 5000 pounds and an accuracy of 0.5 pounds, this floor scale can deliver!
Use the scales' LCD screens and 6-button operation for accessing tare, zero trackings and hold functions. Plus, you can read these measurements in kilograms, pounds and ounces.
What to Consider Before Buying Industrial Floor Scales
When looking for industrial floor scales, you can be overwhelmed by the many features built-in to the products currently on the market. The following questions can help you figure exactly what is suitable for your industry.
- How do you intend to load the floor scale?
- Can you access a forklift to place a pallet on it?
- Do you have the alternative option of a pallet jack to set weights on the floor scale?
- Do you need a portable industrial floor scale that can weigh in different parts of the warehouse?
- Do your premises have sufficient space to accommodate the size of floor scale you want? Also, can you install ramps for easier access to it?
- Does your business require accurate weighing equipment?
- What is your budget for the floor scale?
- What are the operating conditions in your industrial building?
Once you have the answers, the guide below should simplify the decision-making process.
a) The Type of Industrial Floor Scale
- Basic floor scales are simple square devices that range from 9-25 square feet and can weigh cargo of up to 20,000 pounds.
- Lift scales are mostly used in food and chemical industries. They allow for easy cleaning as you can lift the deck.
- U-scales are excellent for a warehouse with little space to spare. You simply lift cargo and place the floor scale underneath its center.
- Low-profile floor scales sit much closer to the ground to allow for much easier access to them. Although you will still need a ramp to load it, you will save space as a shorter one can suffice.
- A heavy-duty scale is designed for industries that weigh large cargo and equipment. The large floor scales can be 49 square feet and can weigh goods up to 60,000 pounds.
- Portable scales allow you to store them after use or move them to where you need to weigh cargo. Plus, the floor scale also comes with a ramp on either one or both sides.
- High precision floor scales are useful when you want goods weighed accurately.
b) Accessing the Scale
The sizes of floor scales can range from 4-49 square feet. Also, their height can vary from 3/4" to 10" off the floor. Obviously, it would be best if you considered these dimensions before you buy floor scales.
Setting space aside for a floor scale does not mean limiting your plans to the area it will occupy. Additionally, you need to consider the space required to install a ramp to access it. The higher the loading decks, the longer the ramp you will need to weigh your cargo.
Alternatively, you can buy scales with pit frames and make a sufficiently sized hole so that it sits flush with the floor, excluding the need for a ramp. Also, you can buy portable scales to weigh cargo around the premises and store them away when not in use.
Moreover, low-profile pallet scales can solve the issue of space in your warehouse. These types allow for easy cargo lifting when you want to weigh because they are much closer to the floor. Also, the ramp you will use for low profile pallet scales is much shorter.
Are you thinking of purchasing a floor scale that relies on electricity from the mains? If so, you need to think about the sockets and whether you will need an extension cable. On the other hand, some floor scales are battery-powered.
c) Accuracy of Industrial Scales
Some industries require highly accurate weighing of cargo or products for shipping use, calculating costs and amount of ingredients. For instance, the medicine, food and beverage industries need incredibly precise scales for mixing recipes and drugs.
A shipping scale that features numerous measurement units, converters and memory capabilities can help boost the efficiency of your business. Additionally, they can allow you can put presets or make calculations using figures stored on the device. These features can improve your warehouse's output.
d) NTEP Approved?
The National Type Evaluation Program (NTEP) is a corporate, non-profit body that certifies industrial scales that meet the National Institute Standards and Technology criteria. The standards include how temperature and humidity affect the scale, appearance of the manufacturer's label, accuracy and capacity.
A legal-for-trade NTEP approved floor scale has the guarantee that it meets all necessary government regulations. However, some local governments have their laws when it comes to quality standards of scales. Thus, you can check with the municipality where your warehouse is located to ensure you are getting the right floor scale.
NTEP approved industrial scales can be more expensive. Still, you can buy and use devices that do not come with the certification.
e) Use Cases
If your industry has specific requirements about hygiene, you need to find a floor scale with a stainless steel deck and is easy to clean. The pharmaceutical and food industries are sensitive about handling equipment and goods in the warehouse. A floor scale that allows for easy cleaning without damaging the equipment is an ideal option for them.
Some factories work with corrosive chemicals, plenty of water or flammable substances. Thus, heavy-duty industrial scales that are designed to work under harsh conditions come in handy. The floor scales you buy should shield the load cells and other sensitive parts from damage in such environments.
Some industrial applications include using heavy-duty scales to weigh pallets that are quite bulky. Larger scales can fill this role well as they have a much higher max capacity than other models.
f) Your Budget
To ensure that your purchase of a floor scale remains within your business budget, you need to check the warranty duration. After all, the product may fail prematurely and cause you to lose money.
On the other hand, you should not cut corners when it comes to purchasing reliable floor scales. Admittedly, low cost does not necessarily mean you will get a sub-par device. Customer reviews can help you understand the various challenges that come with a specific floor scale.
Since buying an industrial floor scale is a significant investment, you need to take your time to consider the factors outlined above. Whether you want a scale for industrial or shipping use, it is essential to interrogate the device's intended use. After all, you need to spend money wisely and get a floor scale that will serve your needs.