Cooking at home is as popular as ever, especially with the introduction of all sorts of new technologies and tools that make your time in the kitchen better and more effective. Due to portioning, preparing, or just making sure your meal is immaculately prepared on a day to day basis-- digital scales have arrived on the scene and, to be honest, once you try this, you won't go back from relying on these scales. Kitchen life has never had more potential, and it is these digital kitchen scales that have been becoming a phenomenon that is the "it-factor". You might in turn be asking why you need a scale for kitchen activity.
Well, these digital kitchen scale contraptions are accurate, effective, and easy to use-- they are sleek and small enough to be a contender for the best new kitchen appliance, that you don't have yet. The readings are precise, more than any non digital tool could offer. Not only is the digital kitchen scale more effective and aesthetic than the typical mechanical scale, but these are actually better in all sorts of other ways, too.
So, because these digital kitchen scale options are all relatively new to the market, we realize that it might not be easy to pick one out. Also, tons of brands have recently arrived In the market making it extremely difficult to tell the good from the bad. You want reliability as well as quality from your scale. Kitchen convenience has rarely been so easy to improve. Food scale products have been hugely improved by the digital revolution, and we have prepared the right criteria to make sure that you can make an informed purchase and also find the right kitchen scale for you.
Typically, we find it difficult to determine what the "best" of anything is, since the digital kitchen scale that suits you might not be the same kitchen scales that suit my preference, and so on. Nonetheless, there are some basic kitchen scale criteria that we think almost everybody can agree to as important: easy to clean, numbers that are easy to read, a reasonable charging system (such as two AAA batteries), a stylish weighing platform, spatially efficient, and the list goes on. These are the things that we took into consideration while we judged and reviewed each of these digital kitchen scales. So, when you go searching through all the scales available to you, you can feel confident that this list is going to help you out.
Top Digital Kitchen Scales of 2020
1. Ozeri Pronto ZK14-S Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale
- Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital...
- Automatic Unit Button instantly converts...
- Precision Tare Button calculates the net...
- Features a newly enlarged weighing platform...
This is a slick, stylish digital scale that can handle over 11 lbs at a given time. With a chrome and black aesthetic, this remarkable scale can accurately weigh as little as 1 gram and as much as 11 1/4-- on both fronts, this is precisely the most common range that you average cook will require for their home kitchen. The display is super clear, with digital print on an LCD screen. The scale does not provide its own bowl, but the Tare function option makes it nice and easy to account for whatever you end up using. Needless to say, this is an easy to use food scale and there are lots of reasons that it comes in at the top of our list. The Pronto Digital required three AAA batteries (the first set comes along with the purchase) and the battery life is exceptionally good. The simplicity of this particular scale makes it not only easy to use but easy to clean, as well.
Is it a perfect kitchen scale? Maybe not, but it might just be as close as it gets-- and that is why we are confident in calling it the best.
2. Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale
- High-Precision Weight: Etekcity digital food...
- Multi-units Conversion: This scale can easily...
- Tare Function: The tare function allows you...
- User-friendly features: This scale has a...
- Buy with confidence: The food-grade stainless...
This high-grade kitchen scale comes with everything you want from the tool. With a capacity of up to 11 lbs, this incredible food scale does it all. It has a tare button so that you can use your own bowl-- not all scales have this tare function, but we think it really comes in handy. Made from high-quality, food-grade stainless steel, the platform is of the highest order and the backlit display makes the weight ideally easy to read. Once you consider the price as well, this becomes a clear contender for the best scale on the market.
- Made from reliable stainless steel
- Tare function so you can use your own bowl
- Backlit display is easy to read
- Meets the credentials of many European safety certifications
- Full year warranty
- A great price compared to other high end food scale alternatives
- The weight range is not quite as big as some others
- When it comes to the lower range of weights, accuracy is a bit of an issue
- Depends on a specifically, perfectly flat surface
In the end, we liked this etekcity scale so much that it made a solid run and was almost our number one choice. Despite a few minor imperfections, this is definitely one of the best scales on the market today.
3. Escali Primo Digital Kitchen Scale
- This scale is (8.5 x 6 x 1.5 in) has a...
- Sealed buttons and display for protection...
- Easy two-button operation
- Tare feature: subtracts a container's weight...
- In addition to our 100% Satisfaction...
The Escali Primo is another excellent option with similar weight ranges to the rest of the optimal scales on this list and a high-quality LCD scale that makes itself easy to read. Despite the lack of a weighing bowl, the convenience of the tare function allows you to use a wide range of dishes to fill the role. It is not as heavy-duty as a few of the other options, and it is not hyper specific when it comes to measuring lighter quantities of food, such as powders and seasonings, but there are some great perks to counter these slight annoyances. It uses two AA batteries (the first set comes with the scale) and the battery life is excellent. The scale also shuts itself off if left out of use for 4 minutes, which is a pretty ideal amount of time, especially compared to those that don't shut off automatically at all, or those with shorter time limits like 2 minutes.
Nonetheless, it is not a flawless scale, and we did find what we thought to be a few minor issues with the scale:
- Nice chrome style
- Can weigh up to 11 pounds of food
- LCD screen is user friendly and clear
- Shuts off automatically after 4 minutes of inactivity
- Warranty lasts a lifetime
- Purchase does not include a weighing bowl
- Not as sturdy as certain other scales (such as those made from stainless steel)
- Struggles a bit with slight weights and tiny quantities
Also, we should mention that Escali makes great products and has a fantastic reputation!
4. Greater Goods Digital Food Scale
- A Premium Choice: Between the design and...
- Fresh Features: All of the qualities you need...
- Simple And Stylish: Don’t let the kitchen...
- True Support: Our friendly team in St. Louis...
- Beyond A Purchase: Yes, we design and produce...
With a range that goes up to 11 lbs, this digital scale is, without question, in our top five for all sorts of reasons mainly: utility, practicality, and general impression.
- We liked the way it looks,
- the quantity it can handle,
- how easy it is to use and clean.
- Compared to other kitchen scales, the batteries drained pretty soon after beginning to use it
- Loses degree of precision accounting for small quantities
Although it does well with moderate and heavier amounts, the scale definitely loses a substantial degree of precision when accounting for small quantities
5. Large Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale
- Super-slim design: 21. 7x18. 7cm stainless...
- Precise measurement: 11lb/5kg capacity with a...
- Multi-function: features a crystal-clear...
- Easy-tare function: lets you deduct the...
- Trust-worthy: 3 x gp AAA batteries...
This is a bulkier, stainless steel kitchen scale that has the same general range of weighing capability as the other scales on this list. Where it gains some points, however, is that it comes with a detachable stainless steel bowl that makes pouring simple and efficient. In terms of functions, this scale provides tare, auto-zero, and timers that are easy to read through the blue backlight. It runs on a couple of AAA batteries, and unfortunately it is known to burn through the batteries quite quickly. Etekcity is not necessarily known for this problem, so it is strange that this particular model is less than ideal in this regard. Nevertheless, there is more good than bad with this scale.
- Great range of weighing capacity
- Made from reliable stainless steel
- Comes with stainless steel bowl
- Weighs in precise 0.1 oz increments
- The LCD display is a vibrant, readable blue
- Timer function is simple and easy to use
- Warranty extended for a full year
- Sometimes the auto-timer turns off a bit too early
- Battery life is not as substantial as other Etekcity products and scales
Etekcity, having appeared twice on this list, is clearly an excellent brand, and this scale is a top pick for us.
6. Zerla Digital Scale
- ✓ Built with high-precision sensitive...
- ✓Good electroplating technology easily...
- ✓Ultra-low power consumption and overload...
- ✓ Our kitchen scale calculates the exact...
- ✓ Happy Shopping: Please enjoy your...
This useful and effective scale is known for its precision as it stretches all the way up to an 11 lb maximum while saying in 0.5 oz (1 gram) increments along the way. Zerla goes out of their way to use certified, highly-recommended food-grade pieces and materials to ensure safety. LCD display, runs well on a couple of AAA batteries, and runs with a convenient tare function, this scale nearly has it all. One feature that Zerla provides that several other manufacturers do not provide, is a 30-day money-back guarantee; if you come to your first month of using this scale and realize that it is not for you, then you can return it hassle-free and get your money back.
- Nice white aesthetic
- Great range, including 11 lb capacity
- Weighs in precise increments of 1 gram
- Materials all quality tested, food-grade
- Tare button
- 30-day warranty is slightly lesser than what some companies offer
- Not as precise as some others when it comes to very small, light quantities
- Display is not backlit
Of course, these are all pretty minor complaints that won't make or break a deal for most of us. On the other hand, we thought there was a lot to like about this scale: In the end, this is still a very good scale, but there is a reason it isn't "the best" while still within the top 10 on the market today!
FAQ: Common Queries About Scales
What is the most accurate kitchen scale?
Well, the top of our list is the Ozeri Pronto ZK14-S. This is simply an amazing digital scale that will complement your other kitchen accessories, help you make amazing food, and also do all the little things right-- things like battery life, a solid tare button, being easy to clean, and so on. Nevertheless, "most accurate" is a difficult thing to measure and determine, as every single scale that made our list is at the top of the line in terms of essential features of a scale. Still, certain scales like the Etekcity digital kitchen scale do not excel at this element of things, specifically when it comes to being more sensitive to lower weights-- this is generally the case. Any high-quality kitchen scale, such as every scale on this list, is going to do well at weighing anything remotely substantial. It is just the small food items and the lighter ingredients that only the best of the best can accurately manage, this is what separates a great food scale from a worse one.
How accurate are digital kitchen scales?
Generally, a scale that weighs up to 10 pounds, or even a maximum of 11 pounds, is going to be perfect for homes that are just cooking for the family, etc. Depending on whether there is a weighing bowl or not, this is an extremely accurate way of weighing average amounts of food. Meanwhile, there are particular scales meant to weigh significantly smaller amounts, and these scales are often used for spices, powders, and other extremely light ingredients. With these more specific scales, which are extremely impressive in their accuracy, you will necessarily get a bit less capacity, and vice verse. As in, if you have a bigger scale that weighs up to 11 pounds of food ingredients at once, it will be slightly less specific, to be sure. Still, these smaller amounts (such as 1 gram or less) can be done with options other than a digital kitchen scale, such as manual or non-digital tools, and we generally suggest buying something that is a bit more dynamic when it comes to a digital appliance. To be it succinctly, the best scale is going to very accurate, but you are likely going to have to choose whether you value precision with extremely small weights, or prefer a bit more capacity. At the end of the day, digital kitchen scales often weigh within 1 single gram (0.1 of an oz) and provide extremely precise measurements as such.
How do you use a digital kitchen scale?
Luckily, these digital scales are remarkably easy to use. The best ones, like the ones we feature, are never going to give you any trouble. Generally, the first step is ensuring a power source (many simply work on two AAA batteries or something of the like). From there, to use your food scale is as simple as anything-- simply add your food ingredients to the weighing platform (if using a bowl, make sure that you are accounting for the weight of the bowl, of course) and read the digital numbers that communicate the information with you. Using a kitchen scale is not rocket science and, also, the best ones will always be made to make the process as convenient and easy as possible.
What is the best digital scale?
Well, that is what we spent this article trying to determine, which is not as easy as it might sound. Also, when we try to come to decisions like this, we are definitely cognizant of the fact that different people have different needs, as well as different preferences. Not only is one person going to differ from another in regards to whether they prefer to sure AAA batteries or something rechargeable, but also people will have different points of view regarding scale, whether a bowl is preferred to come with, the capacity of the weighing platform, and the specificity of the measurements. Some just want something easy to use and simple, while others value accuracy more than anything, and yet another group care even less for style or accuracy than they do for a higher maximum weight that can be weighed at any given time.